Damp Proofing Halifax
Protect your home in Halifax from unwanted moisture and rising damp problems with our affordable and effective damp proofing.
JRM Cellar conversions have over 15 years’ experience and extensive knowledge of the construction industry.
We offer a wide range of damp proofing services in Halifax including
Damp Proof Course Replacement
Wet Rot Timber Treatment
Dry Rot Timber Treatment
Flood and Fire Damage Repairs
Mechanical and Passive Ventilation Solutions
Structural crack repairs
Cause of damp
Damp can come in two main forms; rising damp and penetrating damp. Both of these are unhealthy & unsightly in your home. They can also lead to timber decay and loss of heat, therefore increasing your energy bills significantly.
Damp can be caused by a number of factors:
• Incorrect plastering
• Failed rainwater disposal systems
• Failure of existing damp proofing
• Poor home maintenance of roofs, walls and floors can also lead to damp problems
Damp left untreated in your home can cause lots of issues and can be dangerous
- Can cause respiratory problems – Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash. moulds can also cause asthma attacks.
- The excess moisture causes mould and unpleasant smells
- Can lead to wet and dry rot
- Can also lead to woodworm
- Could affect the structural strength of your building